>Not long ago I reported on the Books of the Year list from New York Times. The beauty of the following list from The Week, though, is that it somehow amalgamates lists from NYT, Bost Globe, Atlantic, Salon.com, San Francisco Chronicle, Seattle Times, and the Washington Post. Such a time saver!
1.The Road, by Cormac McCcarthy
2. All Aunt Hagar’s Children, by Edward P. Jones
3. After This, by Alice McDermott (which, can we all agree, should also get the worst cover of the year award?)
4. Suite Française, by Irene Nemirovsky
5. The Lay of the Land, by Richard Ford
1.Omnivore’s Dilemma, by Michael Pollan
2. State of Denial, by Bob Woodward
3. The Looming Tower, by Lawrence Wright
4. Fun Home, by Alison Bechdel
5. Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick
Sadly, I’ve read none of these, but a high percentage are sitting on my “recently acquired” shelf waiting to be read.