>The 2010 edition of the James River Writers Conference is fast approaching. It’s October 8-9 at the Library of Virginia in Richmond, and this year there is a special offering of workshops on Thursday afternoon, October 7. (I’m leading one of those workshops, and I’m also on a panel or two during the conference.) I’ve been to JRW as a participant and it’s definitely a great deal. Check it out! (And sign up for my workshop . . .)
This year’s conference has some great featured speakers:
- Silas House, New York Times bestselling author and recipient of the James Still Award for Writing about the Appalachian South from the Fellowship of Southern Writers.
- Mike Olmert, Emmy Award winning screenwriter.
- Charles J. Shields, writer of the New York Times bestselling Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee.
- Charles Todd, New York Times bestselling mystery author.
- Jacqueline Woodson, winner of the Newbery Honor Medal, the Caldecott Honor, the Coretta Scott King Award, the Margaret A. Edwards Award for Lifetime Achievement, and many others.